Job Description and Mission:
The SEO Assistant performs important search engine optimization tasks for top-level wedding industry clients. This part-time employee role is 20-30 hours per week, with the plan to grow into a role as an SEO Associate.
The person we’re looking for is:
- Tech Savvy
- Process Oriented
- Excellent written communication
- Good grammar and spelling
- Comfortable with direct client communication, by email, phone, and video call
- Ability to follow a detailed step-by-step process
- Ability to work with/learn website platforms like Squarespace, Showit, WordPress, and Wix
- Ability to work with/learn other tools such as Asana, Google Business Profile, SEMRush
- Accountability to ensure one-off and monthly tasks are completed by a set due date, without oversight or reminders
Would be great, but not required:
- Some prior knowledge of search engine optimization
- Past experience in the wedding industry
- Experience editing websites
Job Activities and Duties:
- Available to work approximately 20-30 hours/week, with availability Monday through Friday
- Basic website editing
- Upload, format, and optimize client blog posts
- Create new landing pages on client sites, with provided content (some design eye required!)
- Select best images from provided folders of images (some eye for curation required)
- Optimize images (filenames and alt text)
- Technical cleanup of websites, following a set process
- Plugin configuration for WordPress and Showit
- Build internal links within client sites for important content
- Upload photos to Google My Business on a regular schedule
- Create Google Posts
- Most project communication will be through email or Asana project management system.
- We ask that you are available for at least 2 hours each business day. We will work with you to set regular work hours that fit your schedule.
- Plan to have a weekly call during business hours for training and updates. This can be scheduled based on your availability.
- We will require that you sign a non-compete agreement and expect that all SEO work be done solely for Sara Does SEO clients.
- We are looking for someone who has an interest in growing within the company. The person in this role has the opportunity to quickly move into an SEO Associate position with additional upward mobility potential.
We are not currently accepting applications